Saturday 18th December 2010
Come join us to celebrate the 23nd annual Queen Street Chariot Festival. See the spectacle unfold as a gigantic colourfully decorated Chariot carrying Jagannatha is hand-pulled up Queen Street by thousands of enthusiastic people. Accompany the boisterous carnival procession by enjoying a rich cultural atmosphere created by strikingly colourful dance performances and the sounds of melodious exotic music.
Over the last forty three years, the Rath Yatra festival, ‘Chariot Festival’ has moved beyond the shores of India being celebrated as an international event all around the world. Due to the great vision of ISKCON’s (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) founder acharya A. C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, today this 2000 year old festival is being celebrated with resounding pomp in over 400 hundred cities around the world including New York, London, Sydney, Washington D.C, Vancouver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, Mumbai, Paris, Budapest, Dublin, Prague, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Moscow.
Join us to celebrate this grand world-wide festival in the city of Auckland, New Zealand.
Schedule of Events
* 11:30 am Meet up at Parade start point (Britomart Place)
* 12:00 pm Parade commences from Britomart Place down Customs Street
* 12:30 pm Parade enters Queen Street
* 02:00 pm Parade ends by Auckland Townhall (Queen Street)
Cultural Program and Vegetarian Feast
* Time: 3:30pm
* Location: Hare Krishna Temple
* Address: 1229 Coatesville Riverhead Hwy Riverhead, Auckland